Cancer is one of the major illness effecting seniors. People of all ages are affected by cancer, but the risk of getting cancer increases with age. It is disheartening to note that Lung Cancer and Breast Cancer are common threats to seniors.
Cancer is a complex disease; it is curable only in limited cases and unfortunately terminal in majority of the cases. There are various reasons for cancer such as genetic factors, life style, infections, radiation, environmental pollution, toxins, stress, and lack of physical activity. Any type of Cancer must be reported early to stand a chance of survival but it is difficult to notice it in early stages. Hence it is better to search for preventive methods.
PREVENTION OF CANCER AND ILLNESS
• Avoid tobacco in any form.
• Limit alcohol to moderation and stop altogether, if possible.
• Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.
• Drink plenty of water.
• Minimize/avoid foods containing high fats, artificial flavors/colors, stale items, very cold or very hot foods etc.
• Have a good life style with balanced diet and regular physical activity, duly maintaining body weight within limits.
• Include Anti Oxidants like Blueberries, Artichokes in diet
• Do not share needles.
Below is a link that describes a report by Dr. Sanjay Gupta on cancer treatment in seniors.
You will have to copy and paste it into your browser.